Monday, May 17, 2010

Him First!

This morning several verses have been prominent in my mind.  They are very familiar verses.  They are verses God has used many times to knock me out of selfish mode.  And, it is needed today as well – very greatly needed. 

1 Cor 10:31 Whether then you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart.

Matt 6:33 But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Today I am hungry – finally not for the desires of my heart or the things that will be added to me if I seek Him first.  No, today I’m hungry for Him.  I want to truly honor Him.  I want to do everything for His glory.  I’m tired of the selfishness that has overcome me.  It has affected my eating, my diligence around the house, my stewardship, my craving for more stuff – and being overwhelmed by that stuff.  I’m done!  I want Him!

How thankful I am for You, Lord!  For Your Word that stirs me.  For Your love that will never let me stay put.  Please grant me nothing more or less than what I need to glorify You today!

No comments: