Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Enriched

I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given you in Christ Jesus, that in everything you were enriched in Him, in all speech and all knowledge, even as the testimony concerning Christ was confirmed in you, so that you are not lacking in any gift, awaiting eagerly the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ.  1Cor 1:4-7

I’m not really sure I like what stirred in my heart as I read these verses this morning.  You see, I’ve been in a bit of a slump.  A general blahness, spiritually, emotionally, and physically.  And, naturally, the more tired I get of it, the more I cry out to God to get me out of here.

But then I read these verses, and I realize that I’m a lot like the Corinthian church.  I’m here by choice.  I’ve been given everything I need, just as they had been.  But, I have chosen to not utilize those tools – not draw upon the grace, knowledge, and gifts that have been bestowed upon me.  Instead, I try to skate through life utilizing my own resources.  It’s like trying to subsist on crackers and water from one little drawer when there is a whole storehouse full of amazing food just waiting for me to consume!

Today I’m challenged to remember that I have been enriched in Him and given everything I could possibly need.  I have been given full access to the throne of God!  What could I be lacking?  I must draw on His resources rather than trying to subsist on my own.  It’s practically impossible to be in a blah slump when I remember whose I am, where I belong, what my purpose is, and what resources are available to me.

No comments: