Sunday, March 28, 2010

Free – and Living It

…knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin.  Rom 6:6-7

I am dead to sin.  Free from it.  Alive in righteousness. 

So why do I go back?!

I’ve been up just over an hour, and already my heart and mind have departed so greatly from righteousness.  I’m challenged today to focus.  To truly ask myself each step of the way whether my thoughts and behaviors show I am resurrected to righteousness or still acting the part of one enslaved to the sin from which I have been freed. 

I am free! What joy!   What delight!  What comfort!  What peace!  Will I live out those things in my daily, hourly life – even moment by moment?  Starting now?   

No comments: