Sunday, February 28, 2010

Passion

For God, whom I serve in my spirit in the preaching of the gospel of His Son, is my witness as to how unceasingly I make mention of you, always in my prayers making request, if perhaps now at last by the will of God I may succeed in coming to you.  Rom 1:9-10

There is so much in these two verses, but a couple of things really grabbed me immediately upon reading them this morning.

  1. What am I passionate about?  Do my passions revolve around honoring God with the fullness of my energy, or do they reflect an attachment to the things of this world? 
  2. Do I pray unceasingly for the fulfillment of those passions?

As I look back over the recent years of my life, I am excited to find that my passions are increasingly Christ-centered, revolving around my desire to honor Him.  I still have much to learn and far to grow, but I can see progress, and that is encouraging.

When I look at how I handle the waiting, though, I am much less diligent.  Sometimes I faithfully pray in the waiting, but other times I am easily discouraged and frustrated.  I am not faithful to continue praying unceasingly.

I am challenged to continue to grow in the focus of my passions, and I am also challenged to be much more faithful in the prayerful waiting. 

No comments: