Monday, February 1, 2010

No Words

Sometimes I think that if I’m silent on here, that must mean I’m not learning.  Why?  Because I assume that if I’m being challenged, I’ll be able to articulate it clearly.  I haven’t been able to do that for a few days.  But as I look back over the last few days I can see that God is definitely working on me.  Quite intensely, to be honest.

There are some days when I can’t really define a challenge or put it into words.  But, it’s on those days that I’m reminded that my purpose for this blog is more to help me articulate my own thoughts than to really put a challenge forth for anyone else. 

So, I think my challenge for today is to learn to mull over things without being able to define them.  To learn even when the learning isn’t clear enough to put into words.  That’s hard for me.  I’m a lover of words.  They help me think.  Abstract concepts just make my head hurt.  So, I just have to trust that the Lord is going to take these abstract ideas and bring them together into something clearly defined in His own good time.  In the meantime I’m going to trust – and learn without clear words. 

No comments: