Thursday, December 3, 2009

Joy

"To be the joy-bearer and a joy-giver says everything, for in our life, if one is joyful, it means that one is faithfully living for God, and that nothing else counts; and if one gives joy to others one is doing God's work; with joy without and joy withing, all is well...I can conceive no higher way." Janet Erskine Stuart I read this quote this morning in Come Let Us Adore Him by Robert J. Morgan as I was reading the story behind the writing of the beloved Christmas hymn "Joy to the World." To say I was captivated by these words would be an enormous understatement. Can you imagine this being said of you? Can you imagine a better compliment than this? Oh, to be truly called a joyful person! To truly see myself in that very light! What an awesome, amazing, wonderful, incredible challenge to take on - to live faithfully for God and to give joy on to others simply by nature of who I am. I know that I do that at times, in moments. But, to truly live this way! To give joy on a daily basis to those who surround me, starting here at home with my family and moving on from there. Yes, that is where I desire to be. Oh, the joy!

No comments: