Monday, December 28, 2009

For His Glory Alone

As I have mentioned it many times before, my family thrives on routine and struggles when out of it.  So, after two months of being out of routine, we are ready to get back to it. 

This week is our week of working back to that point. There are a few things we need to take care of to get back into a routine, things like a bit of catch-up in school, some home organization, some re-evaluation of our family schedule, etc. 

As I made my list and pondered the week, the Lord laid something on my heart.  It really came from reading Ephesians 6:7, but 1 Corinthians 10:31 comes to mind as well.

Why am I really getting us back into routine?

I need to make sure that my reasoning for getting things back in order is for the glory of God.  If it's not, then I will struggle to maintain it.  If it's just for the sake of keeping my house in order, then when I am tired it won't be worth it.  When the kids are cranky it won't be worth it.  When other things creep in and look more alluring, it won't be worth it. 

It is my joy and delight to see my home and family run smoothly.  But, that delight is not completely fulfilled until I managed this household for God's glory and in service to Him.  So, as I get things back in order this week, I am challenged to keep my focused right there - doing all things as service to Him and for His glory. 

No comments: