Friday, December 18, 2009

For All People

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people...When they had seen this, they made known the statement which had been told them about this Child.  And all who heard it wondered at the things which were told them by the shepherds.  Luke 2:10, 17-18 (NIV)

What an amazing statement.  The lowliest of society was given the message "for all the people."  All the people were not told - just these shepherds.  In fact, the shepherds weren't even specifically told to tell all the people.  They were just told to go see and worship.  But, obviously they didn't have to be told what to do next.  They took the statement that it was for all people, combined it with their incredible excitement over the events of the evening, and went to spread the news.  And all people wondered at these amazing events.

I know excitement tends to wear off.  I know urgency tends to die down.  But, this is the good news!  This is the salvation of all mankind!  This is the source of all joy that life could ever hold!  Why do I let the excitement die down?  Why do I falter in the urgency to share this news that should be for all people?  All people have not heard yet!  I have to share!  I have to keep the wonder alive! 


No comments: