Monday, April 26, 2010

Motivated by Him

It seems I am pressed on all sides with the critical and vital importance of making my words and actions truly be relevant.  This morning I read Romans 14 and finished a chapter in Knowing God about the justice of God.

Essentially, the question before me today is motive.  Much of what I do is right and obedient to God, but do I do it because I desire to honor God or because it is what I want to do?  Even then, however, a great deal of what I do has nothing to do with God’s will.  How it has crushed my heart this morning to realize how many things I do without even once considering my Savior and His desires, will, or guidance! 

This morning my heart is exploding with the desire to make everything about Him.  Everything from the most mundane daily chores to the most obvious acts of service.  Oh, how much of a mindset change I need in order to become that type of person!  Oh, how much growth needs to occur!  But, it will never happen if I do not start.  So, today I am seeking the Lord to show me how to begin.  How to take this ordinary day and turn it into a day lived to intentionally honor Him. 

The joy of that thought is as explosive as the desire to live that way!  Just to think of walking that intimately with Him is beautiful!  And, I want to do it!  I hunger and ache to do it!  Lord, teach me today!

2 comments:

Abi's Blog said...

Hi, Ann - I noticed on your side bar that you are a friend of the Choate family and so am I - I explored your blog some (I clicked on your simple woman post originally) and I love it! You blessed me by your desire to follow God - I went to a David Ring mtg. last night and he had us look up this verse - Isaiah 26:8 - ...O, LORD, have we waited for thee; the desire of our soul is to thy name, and to the remembrance of thee. I just had to post this when I read your article - this is the verse I read this morning - Love and blessings from Ava

The Hibbard Family said...

Thank you so much for that verse! What a blessing! And thank you for your sweet words. Yes, the Choates are very dear friends of ours - they are such a blessing!

I'm definitely going to be heading over to read your blog. Thank you so much for visiting mine! I really appreciate your comments!

Ann