Saturday, April 17, 2010

Even so, I will rejoice.

I’ve been moving so slowly through Romans.  It has been coming alive in my heart as never before.  It’s like awakening to something that has been there all along but has just never registered in my heart and mind before. 

This morning I finished Romans 11 after being here for a few Edays.  When I arrived at verse 33, my heart was right with Paul.

“Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!  How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!” (Rom 11:33 NASB)

Wow.  After what I had just read – and the thoughts stirred up within me from it all (which I might share someday soon if I can get them together) – this perfectly expressed my heart.  It is all to incredible for me to truly grasp!    Sometimes it all seems so conflicting.  How could a God of love do that.  And yet, how could God love me that much?!

I suppose the challenge of my heart for today comes down to this – I must remember to rejoice in it all.  Even when it is mind-blowing.  Even when I just can’t wrap my mind around the extremes of who He is.  Even so, verse 33 must flow from my heart in great exultation and praise. 

No comments: