Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Attitude Check

Do all things without grumbling or disputing; so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among who you appear as lights in the world…  Phil 2:14-15

I’ve done a lot of grumbling lately.  About family.  About church.  About the state of our country, our world.  Most of it is behind closed doors, but it still has an effect.  It affects my attitude, and therefore keeps me from appearing as a light in this world. 

I am a reflection of something.  If I grumble and complain I am a reflection of irritability.  If I rejoice in all things, I am a reflection of Christ. 

There is no doubt that there are things in my family, my church, and my world that are just not right.  But, grumbling about them accomplishes nothing.  Today I just need an attitude check – a reminder of my responsibility to pray continually with thanksgiving and to rejoice in the Lord.  I desire to appear as a light in this world – will I do what is required to accomplish that goal? 

No comments: