Monday, June 7, 2010

Trying the Lord


Nor let us try the Lord, as some of them did , and were destroyed by the serpents.  1 Cor 10:9 (NASB)
I missed finishing my "series" over the weekend, but as I am still working my way through it all, I'll go back and catch up.

When I think of "trying" the Lord, I think of my own children and how they try me sometimes.  In those moments, nothing is good enough for them.  I do for them, and they complain.  I give to them and they want more.  I place beauty before them and it might as well be the ugliest thing on earth. 

I would love to say I never try the Lord, but I can sit here right now and think of ways I try Him regularly.  I fuss because He doesn't provide the way I wanted Him to.  He blesses me abundantly in so many ways, and I argue that His blessing is not what I sought.  He places beauty before me and I long for beauty of a different kind.

My challenge, naturally, is to identify specific ways in my day to day behavior that try the Lord.  Oh, may I accept wholeheartedly what He places before me!  What He provides is always best - may I never seek anything else!

No comments: