Friday, August 28, 2009

Bold as a Lion

The wicked flee when no one is pursuing, but the righteous are bold as a lion. Prov 28:1 (NASB) According to the Word, I have been made righteous through the blood of Christ. According to this verse in Proverbs, I am bold because of that righteousness. Do I live with boldness? A lion is quite bold. It is at the top of the food chain. It has very little to fear from its fellow creatures. Yes, there are threats to the lion, of course. We live in a fallen world. There are threats to every form of life. But, when I think of a lion, I think of great boldness and very little fear. That is the type of boldness I am to have. I have to admit - I do not live out that boldness in my daily life. I am timid. I am insecure. I hold back. I cannot live that way anymore. Lord, help me to live out the boldness that You have given me!

No comments: