Thursday, November 6, 2008

Prayer

26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; 27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. Romans 8:26-27 (NASB) 18 With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,Eph 6:18 (NASB) 16 Rejoice always; 17 pray without ceasing; 18 in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thess 5:16-18 (NASB)

To this end also we pray for you always, that our God will count you worthy of your calling, and fulfill every desire for goodness and the work of faith with power, 12 so that the name of our Lord Jesus will be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thess 1:11-12 (NASB)

4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! 5 Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near . 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension , will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:4-7 (NASB) I realized today that I've been struggling a great deal with prayer over the last few days. I just put a few verses here about prayer, but prayer is scattered abundantly throughout Scripture. I have to pray! My communication with my Lord is at the foundation of my relationship with Him. I can't be intimate with someone without communicating with them. Prayer is not a choice - it is a necessity. I am challenged to not just say words that pass for a semblance of a prayer, but to have a restored heart of prayer. To truly be sensitive to the Holy Spirit's leadership that I may know how to lift up those around me in prayer. Not just now and then, as I have been doing, but a constant, continual state of prayer.

No comments: