Tuesday, November 11, 2008

No Procrastination

I'm late on today's post. For any of you who read it, I apologize. This morning my challenge didn't come from reading or remembering a Scripture, so I have none to give you. I think the principle is in many stories and challenges in Scripture. It primarily came from my devotional reading, a thought regarding the sacrifice of Isaac by Abraham. But, it definitely fit into the scheme of what God was leading us into today! The challenge is this - to not procrastinate. Seems simple enough, doesn't it? But, is it really? I procrastinate in chores I don't like, and I'm seeking to do better about that. But, this is on a different level. Many times when God lays something on my heart to do, my first response is to plan it out. I have to think through it and create a course of action. Several times in Scripture, we read of God telling one of His children to do something, and they just set out to do it. He took care of the planning - they just had to obey. I can think right now of several times when God has laid something on my heart, and through the course of planning I began to feel foolish about it and either followed through with a greatly watered down action or no action at all. Doug and I have been praying about my daily schedule. It's not working. Today he suggested an idea that has come from much prayer on his part, and I really think it's going to work! Typically, though, I would have spent the day putting all else aside while I planned and outlined it. God had already convicted me of the need to get to work! So, while I still need reminders and a schedule, I was ready to get to work and jot down notes as I went through the day rather than try to sit down and figure it all out (and then have the reality fall apart because it wasn't practical). Pray for me as I undergo this challenge. It really goes against all I've ever done! But, it's what I must do to truly turn my days over to Him.

No comments: