Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankfulness with an Upright Heart

I shall give thanks to You with uprightness of heart, when I learn Your righteous judgments. Psalm 119:7 (NASB) I'm back! It has been so long. The Lord has given me so many awesome challenges over the past month of craziness, and I have missed sharing them. Hopefully I'll get to go back and do so. I will confess, though, that the entire month hasn't been so smooth. This last week, in fact, has been a struggle for me spiritually. I have struggled in my Bible reading and prayer time. I have missed a couple of days of even trying. This morning I felt truly desperate as I sought His renewal once again. And then I opened the Bible to a portion of my Sunday school lesson for this week - Psalm 119:1-8. Oh, how it melted my heart! How it reopened the stream of communication between my precious Savior and me. With this being Thanksgiving week, verse seven was especially appropriate. Yesterday I was able to list so many things I was thankful for, but I don't know that I truly was able to have a heart of thankfulness. This morning, though, it seems thankfulness is just blossoming within me! It doesn't take much for my focus to drift and my heart to struggle with intimacy with my Savior. But, when I surrender to His Word and acknowledge His righteous judgments, He fills me with His thankfulness. What a beautiful treasure!

No comments: