Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful for Treasure

Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You. Psalms 119:11 (NASB) As I think of all the things I am thankful for today - those things I consider my treasures - this verse greatly stands out to me as a combined reference point and bit of conviction. Where does the Word of God stand in my list of thankfulness? My heart overflows with thankfulness to my God for the incredible treasure that is His Word. I long to truly treasure it in my heart, that I may never lose it no matter what my circumstances may be. Thank you, Father, for Your Word! Thank You for its life. Thank You for its guidance. Thank You for its power. Thank You for the freedom I have to read it as much - or as little - as I choose. I pray for those who do not have that freedom. May Your Word still reach their hearts in beautiful and miraculous ways. Thank You for the small ways You have allowed us to be a part of that miracle. Thank You!

No comments: