Friday, October 31, 2008

Welcome!

As I said in the description, this is a public expression of the challenges God presents to me each day. I have a tendency to grow in secret. I accept a challenge from the Lord and then try to do it all without sharing it with anyone else. If I succeed, the world sees the results. If I fail, no one has to know. Often, though, when I see growth someone else has made, I want to know how they got there. I want to know the process. What challenges did they work through to get there? What Scripture did they use to back up the choices they made? How were they tempted to fall away from the commitment? What struggles did they have along the way? If all we ever see is the result of the growth and not the process, we don't necessarily know how to even begin the process on our own to see our own growth. So, this will be part of the process of my growth. Please comment. Please share. If you've already come through some of these areas, please share your process. If you're going through it with me, share with us how you're doing. If you've never even thought of these challenges before, share with us what thoughts are being stirred up within you. I'm hoping that this will become not just my challenges, but a group of us growing and learning together. Thanks for being a part!

1 comment:

Doug Hibbard said...

I think that your challenges are very well worthy of consideration.

And, did you remember to link from your other blog?